Friday 7 January 2011

Burneside Amateur Theatrical Society - Panto 2011



I took my daughter to Burneside so that she could watch the opening night of Aladdin with her Beaver colony at the Bryce Institute. I then found myself buying tickets for my son and myself to watch it too! Apparently this was B.A.T.S. 35th pantomime.


I am so glad I did go myself as it had all the ingredients for the perfect amateur pantomime. There was comedy including bad jokes and double entendres. There was a very funny cast of supporting actors and a couple of villainous characters to boo. Plenty of audience participation was required and most of us joined in enthusiastically.



An all age cast performed pretty well for their opening night with only a few fluffed lines.  The leading actresses were all pretty talented and there was some superb singing. My daughter's favourite characters were the two inept, slapstick policemen. For myself and my son it was Widow Twanky that stole the show. She was the tallest pantomime dame I've ever seen and was truly superb.


If you haven't booked your tickets yet there are 6 more performances (as at 7th January). So go on get on the phone and reserve yourself some tickets for a couple of hours of fun. Be warned the evening performance went on well past 10 so for little ones the matinee is probably better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message