Tuesday 15 September 2015

#CountryKids in Blackpool for CBBC Shout Out Saturday

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
I have applied for tickets for BBC shows in the past and never been successful so didn't think I stood much of a chance for the CBBC Shout Out Saturday live from Blackpool. It was a pleasant surprise to be one of the 13,000 lucky viewers to be sent a ticket. Then it dawned on me that we would need to be in Blackpool at 7:30 AM on a Saturday morning - eek! Luckily the journey there only took an hour and we managed to park up right next to Blackpool Tower:

Blackpool Tower

It was a chilly morning to be queuing on the seafront. Luckily the views were good and we chatted to other families waiting for the gates to open:

Blackpool seafront

The advantage of getting there early was that we were on of the first ones in to the arena and my children speed walked their way to the front:



Blackpool CBBC Shout Out Saturday

They were very chuffed to be right up against the safety barrier:

Blackpool CBBC Shout Out Saturday

As the show itself was just the links between recorded TV with some entertainment they did the rehearsals for each segment in front of us. It was fun being able to see Hacker and Dodge close up:

Blackpool CBBC Shout Out Saturday Hacker Dodge

One of the main stars of the show as local boy and Blue Peter presenter Barney Harwood. He made himself very popular by throwing CBBC rubber pigs into the audience:

Blackpool CBBC Shout Out Saturday Barney Harwood

We didn't manage to get any until near the end of the show. It was a bit of a bun fight trying to get them and it nearly caused fisticuffs!


Members of the audience were volunteered to take part in games on the stage - some of which were live on air. So glad I didn't get turned into an ice cream head:

Blackpool CBBC Shout Out Saturday Ice Cream Heads

At the end of the show we were treated to a mini concert by Only The Young. Of course I am not in their target audience so hadn't heard of them but I did enjoy their music:

Only the Young

Then after nearly 4 hours in the arena we headed to the beach to let the CBBC piggies enjoy the sand and sea:


I love Blackpool's iconic tower and it is best viewed from the fabulous beach:

Blackpool Tower

We hadn't brought beach gear but we all dipped our feet in the Irish Sea:


My children even gave the piggies swimming lessons:


At this point my phone battery died so I can't show you that we all had a bit of fun on the pier with one ride each. My daughter loves the Extreme whereas my son let me drive him around the dodgems.

It was a lot of fun on what was our second family visit to Blackpool (this was the first) and I am sure we will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message