Monday 28 March 2016

#CountryKids More Easter Trails with the National Trust

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
Saturday was such fun we decided to do some more trails on Sunday afternoon. We decided due to lack of time to head to Sizergh Castle. The children did this trail on Friday with gramps but I hadn't been. So many others had had the same idea that we had to queue at the entrance for a car parking space. It was cold and wet so it was probably just as well the trail was a very quick one!

There were some simple clues to follow and some obvious things to spot:



My son shot off ahead and we soon lost him:



My daughter was a lot more sedate and kept me company:


There were some cute little characters in the bushes:


The garden isn't at its best at this time of year but there were a few gorgeous daffodils:


Apparently the temperature on Sunday was 3 degrees lower than on Friday at only 9C!


The weather was foul and the place really crowded so we jumped ship and headed onto Fell Foot as it was the only place we could reach before closing time:


Funnily enough the trail was identical to the Spring one from Saturday but with chocolate as a prize. This made it a lot quicker and easier than the first time for my son and myself. My daughter was a first timer but had me to give some clues, this meant that we did the answers in a different order to make it a shorter walk:


The weather was so much nicer on the shores of Windermere than it had been in Kendal:


At least this time my daughter was happy to draw in the answers herself so I could enjoy watching her enjoying herself:


It had given me a chance to buy hot drinks from the coffee wagon to warm us up as it was little on the chilly side:


When we finished there was a chance to try out the egg rolling obstacle course:


There is always time for tree climbing especially in the rhodedendrons:




It was a lovely afternoon for all of us to enjoy this park at the southern end of Windermere:



In fact it was hard to get my children to leave the adventure playground:


More Easter adventures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people leave a message