Saturday 2 December 2017

#CountryKids Simple Bird Feeders for Forest School

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall



This week I had my first day leading Forest School with young children. I needed to have a simple activity that we could all do from age 3 to 6. So we first of all made simple bird feeders by threading cereal. Obviously I could only film myself making one but the ones in the trees were made by the children:



Then out in the forest we took bread, spread peanut butter on and dipped them into bird seed:


All the children really enjoyed making the feeders and we just have to hope that when we go out next week we can see whether they have eaten them all!

4 comments:

  1. We did this last winter and the birds loved them. Such a great winter activity and helping out the birds as wel #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not been able to check yet! We will be out next Friday to see... Children loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Chanagasubbay6 December 2017 at 23:46

    This is such a simple but brilliant idea, I’m going to try this with my lot! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message