Monday 5 February 2018

KWL 2018 Birkrigg Juniors

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Another Sunday meant another fell side filming fell running! This time it was Birkrigg Common with views in one direction to the fells and The Hoad Monument at Ulverston:


and the other across Morecambe Bay and the Kent Estuary:


In my son's race there were 74 children aged 8-12 who tackled the steep ascent and descent, can you spot my son amongst the runners?:



I spent over an hour on the fell to capture 20 minutes of footage of the 3 junior races:



There will also be a film of the seniors when it eventually uploads!

2 comments:

  1. Coombe Mill (Fiona)5 February 2018 at 23:45

    That hill does look a challenge especially for some of the younger ones, bless them for doing it though. Running down looks quite hard too with such a bumpy ground but what a sense of satisfaction to complete the race. Well done to your son, no wonder you were proud. Thanks for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coombe Mill (Fiona)5 February 2018 at 23:45

    I just had a little shiver watching that water jump on video! They are all so brave, I don't blame your son staying home if he wasn't feeling too good, that is definitely one for when you are fighting fit! Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people leave a message